At Vatovec Relocations, we have extensive experience with moves from abroad to Slovenia and from Slovenia to other countries. We move companies, businesspeople, individuals, and families.
We successfully combine moves from abroad to Slovenia with relocation services. This means that we’re not just moving you or your colleagues from abroad but that we also take care of the numerous formalities required for starting a new life in Slovenia.
Why choose Vatovec Relocations for an international move?
We pack fragile items such as crsytal, glass, and china in specially-designed rigid plastic crates. We protect valuable paintings, antiques, and chandeliers, as needed, in custom-made wooden crates. Clothing can be moved on hangers in packaging which will ensure that there will be no need for ironing or laundering after your garments arrive at their destination.
Sometimes, residents of Slovenia decide to move to another continent for professional opportunity, or for other reasons. The most common destinations are listed below. In these cases, it’s especially important to entrust your entire move to a qualified and experienced moving company.
Our warehouse is insured against fire and theft, linked to a 24/7 security service, and equipped with video surveillance cameras. You may choose from various types of storage, including locked storage units, complete with shelves for storing documents and archives.
We are covered by our own insurance policy; this coverage is limited, however, and may not cover all damage that occurs. For this reason, we recommend purchasing a moving insurance policy, which will ensure full coverage of damage, should an accident occur. In this way, your goods will be insured throughout the entire process of packing, transport, and delivery.
We have planned and executed numerous moves from Slovenia to various European countries and other countries around the world. For Slovenians who move to other continents, we have extensive experience with moves to Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. For our international moves and relocations, we have successfully collaborated with our network of partners abroad.
Our overseas expertise includes:
- Moves to Canada (Personal effects accounting document)
- Moves to the United States (Supplemental Declaration with instruction, Customs power of attorney, United States Environmental Protection Agency, Declaration for free entry of unaccompanied articles)
- Moves to New Zealand (Unaccompanied personal baggage declaration, New Zealand sea container quarantine declaration)
- Moves to Australia (Unaccompanied personal effects statement)
- Moves to the United Kingdom
The above links will take you to the customs declaration forms you will need to complete before moving to your new country.
Start your moving preparations early in order to ensure that everything runs smoothly and according to plan. If you have any additional questions related to moving, please call us or write to us and we will gladly assist you.
- Identify a real estate agency to arrange for sale or rental of your apartment.
- Identify a real estate agency which will search for a new apartment for you.
- Call Vatovec Relocations so we can create your move plan.
- Identify items you do not wish to move.
- Make a list of all things you would like to move. Determine their value.
- Call repair services for any broken items.
- Arrange for insurance for your car and apartment.
- Arrange your international driver’s license.
- Notify official agencies, banks, and insurance companies of your change of address.
- Notify schools and obtain any records that will be needed by new schools.
- Obtain copies of medical records you may need in your new location.
- Cancel subscriptions to newspapers, magazines, TV, cable, telephone, mobile phone, insurance and Internet services.
- Reserve your hotel rooms.
- Reserve your plane tickets.
- Take any items needing cleaning to the dry cleaners.
- Return any items you have borrowed.
- Request return of any items you may have loaned to others.
- Check your bank accounts. Remember to take into consideration any long-term deposits or automatic payments.
- Empty the freezer and make a plan to use up remaining food items.
- Call us to have packing materials delivered for any items you wish to pack yourself.
- Provide us with all documents required for customs clearance (import and export) of your goods.
- Pack the luggage you plan to take with you. Separate it from the rest of your goods.
- Arrange mail forwarding at the post office.
- Defrost the freezer and clean the refrigerator.
- Notify your neighbors and the property management about use of the elevator during your move.
- Pick up all items from dry cleaners.
- Pick up any items you had taken in for repair.
- Reserve space for parking the moving truck in front of your buildilng.
- Pay all bills and if necessary, cancel electric and gas service.
- Arrange for child care during the move.
- Pack all documents, money, valuable papers, certificates, jewelry, and other valuables in your carry-on luggage. Ensure these items will not be accidentally packed with your other goods.
- Put away remaining bedding and clothing.
- Check once again to ensure that all places, including closets and drawers, are empty.
- Together with a Vatovec Relocations employee, check the inventory list, including the description of the condition of your goods.
- Sign the inventory list and obtain a copy.
- Turn the keys of your apartment over to a reliable person.
- Your participation in the customs clearance process is required.
- During unloading, verify that all items have arrived.
- During the unpacking process, check the condition of your items.
- Note any potential damage immediately on the inventory list. Fill out the »Damage Claim« form and show any damaged items to an employee of the moving company. Take photos and send them to us.
- After everything has been unpacked, sign the inventory list.